The Bridging Project
- United States–Japan Bridging Foundation
- American Association for Teachers of Japanese
Details (Bold and Orange are the categories)
- Study Abroad/Internship
- Students Must be Accepted Into A Semester or Year Long Study Abroad Program in Japan.
- Any Major Accepted
- Enrolled Undergraduate
- Academic Good Standing
Application Requirements (Copy available here)
- Application Form
- A short essay (up to 500 words) introducing yourself, explaining your interest in study in Japan, and outlining what you hope to achieve by participating in a study abroad program (three copies).
- An official transcript from your college or university.
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- These two associations work together to produce about 100 scholarships a year for students to study in Japan.
- They collect applications twice a year for studying there a semester or a year
- Stipend includes $2500 for semester applications and $4000 for year-long applications.
- Also check out the Morgan Stanley Japan Scholarship Information!